Day

Today is Day 30: Moroni
Tomorrow is a day to start again!

Well, we did it! :)

Remember, you can see the entire reading schedule at the bottom of the page... just scroll down, it's always there. :)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 5: 2 Nephi 5-9

I found a lot of snippets, or one-liners in these chapters that gave me pause for reflection:

5:27 ...we lived after the manner of happiness
6:7 ...for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me
6:17 ...for the mighty God shall deliver his covenant people
7:8 ...I will smite him with the strength of my mouth
8:7 ...the people in whose heart I have written my law
9:29 But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God.
9:33 Wo unto the uncircumcised of heart...
9:39 ...to be carnally minded is death, and to be spiritually minded is life eternal.
9:40 ...for I have spoken the words of your maker...but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken.
9:46 Prepare your souls...
9:49 ...my heart delighteth in righteousness...
9:51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.
9:52 ...Let your hearts rejoice.

Now, I don't know which one I should embroider for my next pillow...but there are several there that might be nice. The first one maybe? :)

One thing I am finding in reading these large sections of scripture at one time is, well, that there is a lot to digest and think about. But also, that I feel like my spiritual muscles are being not just stretched out and warmed up, but really worked out and strengthened. It's a great feeling! The more I read, the more I am able to understand. I know it is always this way, but it seems to be magnified when it happens several times within each reading selection. And it is easier to draw connections between different gospel principles.

I hope you are finding similar advantages and blessings. :)


No comments: