Day

Today is Day 30: Moroni
Tomorrow is a day to start again!

Well, we did it! :)

Remember, you can see the entire reading schedule at the bottom of the page... just scroll down, it's always there. :)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 10: Mosiah 3 - 11

Technically, by today's date, it is day 12 of our challenge. However, we are missing posts with commentary about days 10 & 11. So...let me pick up where I left off. :)

I love the beginning of chapter 3 when King Benjamin says "for behold. I have things to tell you concerning that which is to come."

How do you know a prophet is a prophet? Well, through the confirmation of the Holy Ghost bearing witness to you. AND by the fulfillment of prophesy. And King Benjamin prophesies of Christ and teaches the doctrine so powerfully!

Mosiah chapter 4 has great significance to me. Previously I had read these verses at a time when they came into my heart with very real and very humbling significance. I remember the witness that the Spirit gave me and the feelings that these words were true, and that they were the key to changing my own sorrows into joy. I am thinking particularly about 4:6-12, but let me single out verses 11 & 12:

11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

Every time I read these verses, I am filled with that same Spirit--brought to a remembrance of the things which I know are true. I know this is true.


No comments: