Day

Today is Day 30: Moroni
Tomorrow is a day to start again!

Well, we did it! :)

Remember, you can see the entire reading schedule at the bottom of the page... just scroll down, it's always there. :)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 26: 3 Nephi 19 - 30

How awesome to read about so many prophesies being fulfilled! How amazing to hear the words of the Savior to His people. How incredible to imagine what it must have been like to be there, to see Him, to hear Him, and to feel His love! I loved reading the entire book of third Nephi. I loved reading things that I had heard before--and things that I hadn't!

There were quite a few things that I felt were emphasized in these chapters by repetition. These are points of doctrine that were familiar to me, yet still very powerful:

Strait is the gate and narrow is the way
We must repent, be baptized, and endure to the end
Jesus Christ and the Father are one
We will be judged by our works
There is a fullness of Joy to be found in righteousness
All things are to be done in Christ's name: prayer, baptism, the name of the church, etc.
Christ set the example--we are to do as he did
All things are done in the Lord's time

I also found things that although I have read them before, were less familiar--and not repeated throughout these scriptures as much--yet every bit as important and true:

"My wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil" (3 Nephi 21:10)
The Holy Ghost can give you the words that you should pray (3 Nephi 19:24)
"I know my sheep, and they are numbered." (3 Nephi 18:31)
"And he commanded them that they should not cease to pray in their hearts." (3 Nephi 20:1)
We are commanded to study Isaiah (3 Nephi 23:1)
The Lord never changes (3 Nephi 24:6)
The Savior actually reviewed the records and made sure everything was there that he wanted us to have--awesome! (3 Nephi 23)
Paying tithing opens the windows of heaven to us for bounteous blessings (3 Nephi 24:10)

I am so grateful to know that there are more people--remnant of the House of Israel--and more records kept, more scriptures to be read. I am so grateful to know of the great and many miracles that have happened and that will happen still! What a blessing to think about the three Nephite apostles roaming the earth and blessing the lives of people today. How awesome to know that the Lord looked over these scriptures to make sure nothing was missing that we needed to know. What an incredible image I have in my mind of the Savior praying with and for the people--thousands gathered together on bended knee, tear-streaked faces and eyes lifted toward heaven, children gathered at his feet. I have no doubt that the mothers and fathers surrounding them were overcome with gratitude to have their precious babies cared for individually by the Savior and ministered to by angels! I have such hope that when He comes again, my family and I will be numbered among those who, like these Nephites, escape the destruction and are there to see Him, to feel him, to pray with Him and be blessed by Him. What a powerful desire to hope for such a day!


No comments: