Day

Today is Day 30: Moroni
Tomorrow is a day to start again!

Well, we did it! :)

Remember, you can see the entire reading schedule at the bottom of the page... just scroll down, it's always there. :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 20: Alma 51-57


I wish I had asked someone else to write about these chapters. I feel like they are some of the most well-known and loved scripture stories, and I just cannot do them justice. I made fewer marks in my scriptures during these chapters, mostly because I was so engrossed in the storyline, and partially because I was...really tired. However, a few things stood out to me that had not really been aparent to me before now:

In chapter 54, Ammoron and Moroni exchange letters  and Ammoron concludes with this verse:

24 And behold now, I am a bold Lamanite; behold, this war hath been waged to avenge their wrongs, and to maintain and to obtain their rights to the government; and I close my epistle to Moroni."

While reading this the thought came to me--see how much life is lost in seeking revenge and power. It is pitiful. I don't want to be like that--so proud and stubborn that I betray others for my own selfish causes. 


I also noticed in 55:31 how it specifically says that the Nephites are "not slow to remember the Lord their God in this their time of affliction." Interesting...when are we compelled to remember God?

The verses that describe the two thousand young men who fight with strength and courage and honor--those two thousand stripling warriors as we know them--are there for all to enjoy. I will leave it to those of you who would like to comment to treat us with insight on those scriptures. There are great war strategies and stories in these chapters--I hope everyone enjoys reading them!

No comments: